[Fedora-packaging] Re: what policy for python egg files

Toshio Kuratomi a.badger at gmail.com
Mon Dec 18 22:01:27 UTC 2006

On Mon, 2006-12-18 at 22:40 +0100, Axel Thimm wrote:
> On Mon, Dec 18, 2006 at 12:33:19PM -0800, Toshio Kuratomi wrote:
> > On Mon, 2006-12-18 at 19:49 +0100, Axel Thimm wrote:
> > > The equivalent to *.pc files seem to be the .egg-info subdirs. So we
> > > don't need to ship the egg file in addition within the rpm file, but
> > > still feed the egg packaging system with information.
> >
> > Heh.  This is what we've been doing :-)
>
> Then why are we trying to change that?
>
> > From lmacken's TurboMail spec, for instance:
> >   %files
> >   %defattr(-,root,root,-)
> >   %{python_sitelib}/TurboMail-%{version}-py%{pyver}.egg-info

I think it was confusion from inexact wording in the original post.  I
knew what lmacken had been doing in Turbo* packages so I replied with
the idea that "egg files" meant these files inside the .egg-info
directory.  Meanwhile you took it to mean the zipped up PACKAGE.egg
files.

In any case, it looks like TurboMail was approved and the cvs version
shows that it's including the .egg_info directory not the .egg files.

I think we're in agreement that this is the correct way to go?

-Toshio