[Fedora-packaging] Re: %posttrans scriptlet

Rex Dieter rdieter at math.unl.edu
Wed Dec 20 17:48:09 UTC 2006

Bill Nottingham wrote:
> Rex Dieter (rdieter at math.unl.edu) said:
>> %posttrans runs on installs (good), but not on uninstall (bad).  Any
>> ideas?  Am I misunderstanding it, or is this possibly an rpm bug?
>
> Without actually looking, is there %postuntrans or %posttransun?

Yes, it apparently exists (postuntrans, preuntrans), but they (too)
don't seem to work for single package erasure.

I think it's (mostly) ok:
1.  That'll like be a corner case that doesn't happen too often in practice.
2.  I consider it an rpm bug, which we should be able to drive to get
fixed, right? (:

-- Rex