[Fedora-packaging] Re: Proposal to limit file deps

Andrew Overholt overholt at redhat.com
Thu Dec 21 15:10:20 UTC 2006

On Thu, 2006-21-12 at 13:46 +0100, Axel Thimm wrote:
> Instead an analysis would show why
> packagers used this method and whether we can offer better workarounds
> for what they wanted to achieve.

In the Eclipse SDK package set, we recently went through the
multilib-ification process.  We had to add a few file-level dependencies
to get this to work.  This was due to the inability to specify %{arch}
in a Requires.  How would this have been better accomplished?

Ben can probably explain this better than I can.

Andrew