[Fedora-packaging] Re: Proposal to limit file deps

Fernando Nasser fnasser at redhat.com
Thu Dec 21 16:39:38 UTC 2006

I have two questions:

1) If this is a problem that only affects yum and all the other
depsolvers do it efficiently, would it be better to fix yum instead or
working around it by spec file changes?

2) If we still use file deps for things in /bin /sbin /usr/bin
/usr/sbin, which happens for all GCJ compiled packages, wouldn't it
force the reading of the second file anyways?

regards,
Fernando