[Fedora-packaging] Re: iconcache, v0.5

Jesse Keating jkeating at redhat.com
Fri Dec 22 14:06:54 UTC 2006

On Friday 22 December 2006 08:37, Rex Dieter wrote:
> Sigh, problem being, we've now been waiting 14+ months for this
> theoretical better mechanism.  You're willing to wait indefinitely?  Not
> me.  Further, I vehemently argue that problem is outside the scope of
> packaging guidelines.  Let's try to keep focus on what we (as packaging
> committee) *can* solve, please.

I'm not keen on creating rules to "force" the issue though.  That is not a
good "use" of our power.  We have constraints to work within, those
constraints being what the operating system can handle.  Lets not make this a
political thing.  We're not going to go ban the use of ldconfig in %post
until the rpm folks work out a way to do it in stages when needed, so why
would we do it for icon cache too?

--
Jesse Keating
Release Engineer: Fedora