[Fedora-packaging] Re: iconcache proposal, v2

Axel Thimm Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net
Fri Dec 15 08:29:18 UTC 2006

On Thu, Dec 14, 2006 at 06:30:24PM -0600, Rex Dieter wrote:
> Axel Thimm wrote:

> >> Hi,
> >>
> >> I have two questions (which will have been answered, but I haven't
> >> caught up with all traffic on this topic, so please answer again :):
> >>
> >> a) "If none of the package's existing dependencies themselves already
> >>    depend on xdg-utils3, include ..."
> >>
> >>    I wouldn't rely on dependencies providing dependencies. Sure, we do
> >>
> >> b) "someday when xdg-utils becomes universally available (hopefully,
> >>    this will include F*7),"
> >>
> >>    While the xdg-utils sound like a trivial tool the sentence seems to
> >>    imply that there are larger obstacles to getting this done. Why? If
> >>    this improves/simplifies package quality then who would block this?
>
> blockers?  None, that I'm aware of.

Then let's vote on it.

> Well, a) is a just pre-cursor to b).  I'd like to someday not need the
> Requires: xdg-utils
> at all.
>
> I'm just as ok with Requiring it's unconditional use too.

I'm fine with the proposal as is (wouldn't mind adding strict
requirements on xdg-utils3 and removing "|| :", but that's just nice
to have ;), so +1 from here
--
Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net