[Fedora-packaging] Re: Proposal to limit file deps

Nicolas Mailhot nicolas.mailhot at laposte.net
Thu Dec 21 18:32:28 UTC 2006

Le jeudi 21 décembre 2006 à 19:00 +0100, Thorsten Leemhuis a écrit :
> Axel Thimm schrieb:

> > why does it escalate
> > to become even a proposal for guidelines?
>
> To avoid that there get more of those added in the future?

As the numbers show no one is particularly inclined to add a large
number of such deps today. They won't become more common unless they
start providing some benefit to users or packagers. (for example proper
rpm directory handling at last). I don't see how we can decide today a
yum-specific optimisation will take precedence over this yet-to-be-known
benefit.

--
Nicolas Mailhot