[Fedora-packaging] Re: iconcache, v0.5

Jason L Tibbitts III tibbs at math.uh.edu
Fri Dec 22 20:46:10 UTC 2006

AT> I wasn't thinking of forking daemons for the on-the-fly cache
AT> updating, more a side effect of using gtk libs, e.g. a model like
AT> python creating pyc on the fly, tex creating fonts etc.

The python setup requires that the specific scripts run as root; the
TeX stuff requires rather tricky things like world-writable
directories or setgid bits.  Neither is close to ideal.

In any case, it seems as if one proposed solution does indeed require
a daemon sitting around watching for changes to the icon directories
and regenerating the cache on the fly.  That's what I was commenting
on.

 - J<