[Fedora-packaging] Specfile suggestion for subpackages with differently linked binaries

Andreas Thienemann andreas at bawue.net
Wed Jan 25 00:41:29 UTC 2006

Hi,

I'm currently trying to package ser, the sip express router.

Depending on the variables passed at compile time, the resulting binary is
either linking against mysql or postgresql.
IN order not to pull in unneeded dependencies I'd like to package it as
ser (no database support/no persistant storage), ser-mysql, ser-pgsql and
ser-common for the rest

Is there a template/example spec file somewhere detailing how one would
package such a software?
Right now I'm wondering how to manage the %install phase and how to get
the binaries with the same name, but different dependencies installed and
listed in the %files section.

thx,
 andreas