[Fedora-packaging] Java Naming Page

Jason L Tibbitts III tibbs at math.uh.edu
Fri Jul 14 19:21:41 UTC 2006

NM> Instead of screaming "they're not following the holy guidelines"
NM> please spent 5s thinking about what the guidelines are about
NM> (solve technical problems).

I spent a whole lot longer than five seconds, honestly.  It's not
about the holy guidelines, it's about taking something that's
relatively clean and piling stuff on top of it for zero benefit.

This whole thing is about getting clean packages.  The jpackage stuff
I've worked with in Extras actually looks reasonable once you take out
all of the stuff that has no use in Extras.

NM> I'd have thought the somewhat irritated intervention of Paul
NM> Nasrat and all the posts about technicalities vs æsthetics would
NM> have make all this clean.

Honestly, not to me.

 - J<