[Fedora-packaging] Advice sought on a package currently under review

PFJ paul at all-the-johnsons.co.uk
Tue Jul 25 11:52:12 UTC 2006

Hi,

I'm currently reviewing libpano12. It's GPL and the version supplied
doesn't break any patents due to a change.

However, I've asked the person who has submitted the package how simple
it would be to alter the code to break the patent and it's incredibly
easy.

Could someone advise me how to proceed with this package? I know how
anal they are in the US over patents (if they exist or not sometimes!)
and don't want to land in any hot water.

The BZ ref is #200064

TTFN

Paul

P.S. Given I'm currently reviewing, am I able to sponsor or is that
something that is decided elsewhere? The packager on this bug is
unsponsored.
Dr Who