Re: [Fedora-packaging] PHP packaging policy notes

On 6/30/06, Christopher Stone <chris stone gmail com> wrote:
As it is now, the php-pecl spec files have a group of
Development/Language and the php-pear spec file use a group of
Development/Libraries

Shouldn't this be reversed?  Afterall, the pecl packages are packaged
with a .so file and the pear packages are all .php files.  So I am a
little confused on what the groups should be.

Okay well I've given this some thought and I think both pecl and pear
packages should be grouped under Development/Libraries.  pecl packages
provide extensions to the languge just like pear packages do, only
they are written in C.  It might just be a matter of semantics and
someone with a better understanding of the Group tag definitions knows
better.