[Fedora-packaging] New Mono Page for new guidelines

Paul Howarth paul at city-fan.org
Sat Jul 1 08:46:14 UTC 2006

On Fri, 2006-06-30 at 13:28 -0700, Toshio Kuratomi wrote:
> I've reworked the Mono page to reflect the new Guidelines we confirmed
> yesterday.  If people want to take a look, it's here:
>   http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/PackagingDrafts/Mono
>
> Changes are color coded: Red removes, green adds, blue is a
> justification for people who didn't attend the meeting and will be
> removed from the final copy.  (I probably should have done this before
> the meeting rather than after, sorry.)
>
> If no one objects, I'll replace the current Packaging/Mono page this
> weekend.

The guidelines now say "no noarch packages". What about packages such as
lat, that are already in Extras as noarch and don't contain any
arch-specific AOTs?

It does, however, install an mcs-built .dll and .exe in %{_prefix}/lib.

Is there anything technically wrong with this other than not lining up
with the guidelines?

Paul.