Re: [Fedora-packaging] PHP packaging policy notes

On 7/3/06, Jason L Tibbitts III <tibbs math uh edu> wrote:
I think we need to get moving on this; I'd hope to have something
which has at least some chance of passing by the next meeting.

For PEAR modules, we currently have this proposal:

http://tkmame.retrogames.com/fedora-extras/spectemplate-pear.spec

which still suffers from excess macroization (%{__rm} and other such
horrors) but otherwise looks pretty good.  We still need to decide
whether php-pear-X should really provide php-X.  At this point I'd
vote against.

I have updated the template:
-removed excess macroization (ugh)
-used new (untested) install using xml instead of tar method to allow
for proper patching (I will test this out with my pear packages and
make sure it works fine)
-install .xml file with install command instead of cp command
-use full path to pear in %post/un scriptlets (there was some
discussion that this should be done? if so, can we have a %{__pear}
macro defined so I can use this here?
-changed %files to have %{peardir}/Foo instead of Foo_Bar
-removed "Provides: php-Foo-Bar" line