Re: [Fedora-packaging] PHP packaging policy notes

On 7/5/06, Enrico Scholz <enrico scholz informatik tu-chemnitz de> wrote:
With current rpm you can express package (but not version) dependencies
only. Therefore, the Requires: above would be fulfilled in FE3 because it
has bind-20:9.2.4 which is newer than bind-9.3 (which will be interpreted
as bind-0:9.3 nowadays).

This must be a special case because packages are not meant to go from
a higher epoch to a lower one.  We should not change every single spec
file just because one package does things incorrectly so we can
support a deprecated distro.