[Fedora-packaging] PHP packaging policy notes

Christopher Stone chris.stone at gmail.com
Thu Jul 6 07:31:46 UTC 2006

On 7/6/06, Enrico Scholz <enrico.scholz at informatik.tu-chemnitz.de> wrote:
> chris.stone at gmail.com ("Christopher Stone") writes:
>
> >> You are not lowering quality standards when unneeded and non-working
> >> things like "Requires: php >= 4.2" will be omitted.
> >
> > Unneeded? by whom?
>
> This list contains a 'To: fedora-packaging at redhat.com' so I would say
> Fedora Extras.
>
> > Fedora's rpm?
>
> yes
>

> > other package maintainers for other distributions?
>
> dunno; they are not handled by this list.

So we are to just assume everyone will be running a stock Fedora
system then?  In my opinion I think it is better to provide the
information if it is accurate and available as it is with pear
packages.

I don't have the powerz to decide these things but if we must take a
vote on this issue then I will go with whatever the packaging comitte
decides.