Re: [Fedora-packaging] To noarch or arch for arch specific script packages?

On Wednesday 12 July 2006 06:14, Michael Schwendt wrote:
> Else it would be abuse of tags. The only vaguely valid case is combining
> BuildArch noarch and ExcludeArch, which is like saying "by nature, the
> package contents are arch-independent, but we know that there is a problem
> on the N excluded archs".

How far do you take this though?

ExcludeArch: ppc ppc64 s390 s390x alpha sparc sparc64 ia64 arm .....

If you have over 3 excluded architectures, you are arch specific.

It is an arbitrary rule.. but sounds good to me.

--
Stephen J Smoogen.
CSIRT/Linux System Administrator