[Fedora-packaging] Request to drop %(%{__id_u} -n) in preferred buildroot

Jesse Keating jkeating at redhat.com
Wed Jul 19 12:41:45 UTC 2006

On Wednesday 19 July 2006 08:29, Axel Thimm wrote:
> It makes more sense to include a conditional epoch or target/arch in
> the buildroot that the builder. In fact the best thing for a
> buildsystem is to override the buildroot adding a build-id to it
> anyway.

Or what we REALLY should do is have rpm(build) supplant a standard buildroot
when one isn't found in the spec file, so we can REMOVE Buildroot from the
spec file all together and no longer have these discussions.  Instead of
nitpicking on how the buildroot should look, we just say 'remove buildroot
definitions'.  That's KISS.

--
Jesse Keating
Release Engineer: Fedora