[Fedora-packaging] Re: Request to drop %(%{__id_u} -n) in preferred buildroot

Axel Thimm Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net
Wed Jul 19 22:02:01 UTC 2006

On Wed, Jul 19, 2006 at 11:37:20PM +0300, Ville Skyttä wrote:
> On Wed, 2006-07-19 at 21:02 +0200, Axel Thimm wrote:
>
> > I'm just saying that we are focusing on [...]
>
> ...generating a lengthy thread and a fuss about changing something
> that is not broken, thus negatively contributing to the already
> decreasing S/N ratio of packaging related discussions here and
> there?  Sorry, can't help trolling, but that trend worries me.

I did say I assumed this to be an EasyFix item and was myself
dissappointed that it turns out to become a lengthy thread. It takes
more than one to generate a thread ...

And obviously this seems to be something many people have really
strong opinion about and also different perception of whether this is
broken or not. At this point of time I wished I wouldn't had bring it
up, my opinion on that is not that strong and it doesn't seem to get
anywhere.
--
Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net