[Fedora-packaging] Re: Request to drop %(%{__id_u} -n) in preferred buildroot

On Wed, Jul 19, 2006 at 09:37:25AM -0500, Tom 'spot' Callaway wrote:
> Axel, put the exact buildroot that you want to change the guidelines to
> use on the todo agenda for tomorrow, and we'll vote on it.

I'm not sure I'd like to waste IRC time on this. At first I thought
most people would second that and that it would be a trivial item. As
it stands a vote could require further discussion and we'd rather keep
our IRC time for more valued items.

The only thing would be a clarification of the wording that the
"preferred buildroot" as quoted in the guidelines is a SHOULD item as
the word "preferred" implies. I don't want to fight this battle with
each review on every package I submit.
--
Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net