[Fedora-packaging] Re: atrpms kernel modules

Axel Thimm Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net
Sun Jul 23 21:03:43 UTC 2006

On Sun, Jul 23, 2006 at 04:38:59PM -0400, seth vidal wrote:

> But I thought it was already stated that we don't care about rpm used on
> the cli to handle these sorts of things. That we've assumed we're
> operating at a level above rpm for constructing the transaction set.

A scheme were two independent EVRs are merged together into one is
broken and banning the tool that exhibits it and pasting it away from
others isn't the solution. kmod-foo-1-a just has nothing to do with
kmod-foo-<anything>-b (in the simplified notation).
--
Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net