[Fedora-packaging] Re: BuildRoot

Axel Thimm Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net
Tue Jul 25 10:49:53 UTC 2006

On Tue, Jul 25, 2006 at 12:38:37PM +0200, Matthias Saou wrote:
> I'd really prefer we try to move forward here, i.e. get some comments
> on my point n°2 about trying to set a sane (non empty like currently)
> default for BuildRoot, so that we can simply forget about it in a few
> releases.

Ideally the default BuildRoot would be something using mktemp-like
methods to acquire an unpredictable tmp folder and would have to be
done within rpm of course (by some guidance/template overidden by
macros).

Within a buildsystem you don't really care as the buildsystem
overrides it anyway.

So, perhaps it's something for rpm-devel?
--
Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net