[Fedora-packaging] Re: BuildRoot

On Tue, Jul 25, 2006 at 01:36:25PM +0200, Ralf Corsepius wrote:
> Your and Thias' %buildroot regresses in comparison to the
> "recommendation". It diverges from the "recommendation" and
> introduces further non-deterministical behavior.
>
> That's reason why I refuse to approve your packages.

Rex, where is that cluestick again? ;)

Ralf, you do understand that `preferred' is there to indicate an
*optional* guideline, and if everybody would ignore the official
guidelines and apply his own no package would ever get through?

Both Matthias' and mine BuildRoots are therefore conformant to the
guidelines. (That's not a plea to review any of my packages, in fact
better not ... ;)
--
Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net