[Fedora-packaging] Advice sought on a package currently under review

PFJ paul at all-the-johnsons.co.uk
Tue Jul 25 13:52:26 UTC 2006

Hi,

> > Could someone advise me how to proceed with this package? I know how
> > anal they are in the US over patents (if they exist or not sometimes!)
> > and don't want to land in any hot water.
>
> afaict, the package doesn't (knowingly) violate any patents as-is, so it
> should be fine.  freetype is similar that as-is it is fine, but with a
> single change, it can (probably) be patent infringing.

Fair enough, my mind is set at piece.

> > P.S. Given I'm currently reviewing, am I able to sponsor or is that
> > something that is decided elsewhere?
>
> If you have to ask, then the answer is probably no.  You need to be
> classified as a "sponsor" to be able to sponsor someone.  See "Becoming
> a Sponsor" on
> http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Extras/SponsorProcess

Looks like I need to be nominated which then gets poked through to the
steering committee.

The package in question builds find under mock and my review of it
doesn't show any show stoppers anywhere, so can one of the existing
sponsors have a looks and if they're happy, sponsor the chap?

The BZ ref is #200064

TTFN

Paul
Dr Who