[Fedora-packaging] Re: Re: Re: BuildRoot

Ralf Corsepius wrote:

> On Tue, 2006-07-25 at 23:01 -0500, Rex Dieter wrote:

>> This discussion is digressing even further offtopic, but...
>> IMO, the "proper way"  would be to build bootstraps (gcc+newlib and
>> autogen+libopts), then use those to build *separately* each of
>> gcc,newlib and autogen,libopts.

> So you are demanding to abandon features, due to rpm defects?

I'm only *suggesting* an alternative, and IMO better/safer, way of packaging
these items to avoid the pitfalls associated with building multiple items
and possibly using multiple Version: tags inside a single specfile.  By all
means ignore it, if you deem it beneath you to consider.

-- Rex