[Fedora-packaging] proper way to install emacs lisp add-ons?

Tom 'spot' Callaway tcallawa at redhat.com
Tue Jun 6 13:27:37 UTC 2006

On Tue, 2006-06-06 at 01:10 +0100, Jose Pedro Oliveira wrote:

> > So I can (in my personal ascending in preference):
> >
> > 1. Require: emacs (this doesn't seem reasonable for people who
> > don't use emacs since the lisp add-ons are usually optional)
> > 2. do something like cscope and use triggers (just say no to triggers).
> > 3. create a sub-package just for the emacs lisp add-on. (seems cleanest,
> > but is there a naming guideline for this situation? What would the name
> > be? Is this worth the effort?)
> >
> > or... 4. Can I just go ahead with %{_datadir}/emacs/site-lisp/*? :)
>
> Use triggers and ghost the emacs/xemacs directories. For an example see
> the fedora-rpmdevtools specfile.

Or:

Create a sub-package for the emacs lisp add-ons. Naming guideline for
this situation is here:

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Packaging/NamingGuidelines#AddonEmacs

I think I'd prefer that over triggers, but either will probably pass
review.

~spot
--
Tom "spot" Callaway: Red Hat Senior Sales Engineer || GPG ID: 93054260
Lemurs, llamas, and sparcs, oh my!