[Fedora-packaging] RFC: init script naming

Ville Skyttä ville.skytta at iki.fi
Sun Jun 11 15:56:36 UTC 2006

rpmlint currently whines if a package installs one init script, and the
init script name doesn't match the package name.  If more than one init
scripts are installed from one package, it doesn't emit this warning.

I don't think there are any naming guidelines for init scripts currently
in effect, so I'm wondering if I should just filter out the warning in
future rpmlint package revisions, or if people think that the way
rpmlint currently wants the init scripts named would be make a good
packaging guideline.

Thoughts?