[Fedora-packaging] Mono Packaging Issues

Paul paul at all-the-johnsons.co.uk
Wed Jun 14 21:27:15 UTC 2006

Hi,

> > The "it's code, therefore it shouldn't go in /usr/share" argument is
> > bogus. We have a ton of code in /usr/share, both shared and app-specific
>
> OK, so if we put everything in %{_datadir}/%{name}, the following
> questions arise:
>
> 1. Does this work? Or do the apps stop working?

Quite a few just die. Some don't. Some give you UK weather results
(depends on what you're doing). You don't get this if they're
in /usr/lib

> 2. Can we still put the .so files in %{_libdir}/%{name}, symlink them
> back to %{_datadir}/%{name}? Does this work? Or do the apps stop
> working?

See above. Mono is *very* picky on where things go. See my other posting
on the Windows style that has to be adopted for Mono to work on
different platforms.

TTFN

Paul
--
ich liebe Ashleigh, eins zwei drei
ich liebe Ashleigh, auf meinem Knee zu hüpfen