[Fedora-packaging] Namespace for cross-compilation tools?

Jason L Tibbitts III tibbs at math.uh.edu
Fri Jun 16 01:38:08 UTC 2006

I was looking through the old review tickets and saw Ralf's submission
of i386-rtems4.7-binutils.  I don't believe that's a good name, but I
can't really think of what it should be named.  binutils-i386-rtems4.7
is one possibility, but then the gcc package would end up as
gcc-newlib-i386-rtems4.7 which isn't logically connected to the
binutils package.

How about a "cross" namespace: cross-target-utility would give us
cross-i386-rtems4.7-binutils and cross-i386-rtems4.7-gcc-newlib.

 - J<