[Fedora-packaging] -devel rpms with pkgconfig files should 'Requires: pkgconfig'

Rex Dieter rdieter at math.unl.edu
Wed Jun 21 12:31:49 UTC 2006

Currently on
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Packaging/ReviewGuidelines
it includes:
- MUST: Files used by pkgconfig (.pc files) must be in a -devel package.

I'd suggest amending this to say (something like)
- MUST: Files used by pkgconfig (.pc files) must be in a -devel package,
and the -devel package include 'Requires: pkgconfig'

We've got quite a few such packages, and lots of things will break when
FE switches to the minimal buildroot that no longer includes pkgconfig.

-- Rex