[Fedora-packaging] Namespace for cross-compilation tools?

Ville Skyttä ville.skytta at iki.fi
Thu Jun 29 16:01:43 UTC 2006

On Thu, 2006-06-29 at 17:06 +0200, Enrico Scholz wrote:
> ville.skytta at iki.fi (Ville Skyttä) writes:
>
> >> It will be necessary *evertime*. And the '-n' will not influence the
> >> '%package' statement only but common expressions like [...]
> >
> > Sure, but where's the *problem*?
>
> You have to use the full packagename everytime which clutters up the
> spec file.

Doesn't qualify as a real problem IMO.

> and: -debuginfo packages will be named incorrectly.

That's derived from the "main" (source) package name no matter if -n is
used inside the specfile or not.  Again, I see no problem there, and do
think that "incorrectly" is an overstatement.

Anyway, I'll stop handwaving about implementation details now, and let
others concentrate on the original issues.