[Fedora-packaging] python listed explicitly as exception and added to buildsys-build groups

Jesse Keating jkeating at redhat.com
Fri Nov 10 20:13:21 UTC 2006

On Friday 10 November 2006 15:10, Matthias Saou wrote:
> Yup. I myself don't find it so odd to have "BuildRequires: python" for
> all python modules, and that retrofits nicely to any distro release.
>
> All this does remind me of the "old days" when python-devel didn't pull
> in python... it produced even less expected results

Well, for "pure python" packages, there is no 'building' involved.  Just
copying the files to a specific location.  However things that use distutils,
then yeah, I can understand build requiring the python dist-utils module, or
just python since its included (do we have something for python like perl's
perl(Foo::bar) stuff?)

--
Jesse Keating
Release Engineer: Fedora