[Fedora-packaging] fedora-packaging meetings

Dominik 'Rathann' Mierzejewski dominik at greysector.net
Mon Nov 27 21:03:53 UTC 2006

On Monday, 27 November 2006 at 16:59, Ralf Corsepius wrote:
> Hi Dominik,
>
> Please don't read too much into what I'm going to write below ...
>
> On Mon, 2006-11-27 at 12:22 +0100, Dominik 'Rathann' Mierzejewski wrote:
> > On Saturday, 25 November 2006 at 23:51, Axel Thimm wrote:
[...]
> > > I've asked thl, but he's not up to yet another task, I could think of
> > > Matthias Saou and/or Dominik (ratthan) as good candidates for this
> > > committee.
> >
> > Thanks for the recommendation. I will do my best, should I get selected.
>
> Could you provide some references and details about you, to provide
> people with "ammunition" to vote for rsp. against you?
>
> So far, I've not noticed you extensively participating in Fedora, nor do
> I know you personally nor have I met you in any project I've been
> working with/on.
>
> Therefore, I would have to vote "0" (should FPC vote) because I don't
> have an opinion on you ;)

Right. Let's see... Currently I'm in the top 30 of Fedora Extras package
maintainers (and working my way up :>), see owners.list and my wikipage at
fedoraproject.org for details. I actively participate in discussions on
various Fedora lists and IRC (I've founded the #fedora-pl channel). I
usually attend both FPC and FESCo meetings to listen in on current issues.
A couple of years ago I started my own repository and started to move
the packages into Fedora and Livna when it became too much of a burden to
maintain (which happened about a year ago). I've been packaging software
since at least 2001 (that's how far some of my changelogs in specfiles go
anyway - see http://rpm.greysector.net/).

Apart from Fedora, I'm currently involved in MPlayer development and docs
translation. I also did some work for AuroraLinux (ask my sponsor spot :>).

If you have any questions, feel free to ask, though I'm sure those who are
curious enough will find lots of information about me on the Internet
(mostly on anti-spam and Linux-related newsgroups).

Regards,
R.

--
Fedora Extras contributor http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/DominikMierzejewski