[Fedora-packaging] Conflicts in Core and Extras packages

Jason L Tibbitts III tibbs at math.uh.edu
Tue Nov 14 14:59:25 UTC 2006

TL> "Packages should not explicitly conflict with other packages that
TL> are part of the same release of Fedora Core or Extras."

I still contend that such a statement needs to come from FESCo or the
FAB (perhaps working together), not the packaging committee.  It's
purely a policy decision not relating to the form of packages.

TL> And I'd like to see some guidelines from the packaging committee
TL> in what situations it's okay to use the Conflicts tag for other
TL> purposes (e.g. Conflicts: kernel < 2.6.16).

That is reasonable.  Perhaps we can brainstorm a bit at our meeting
today and get a volunteer to write up a proposal.

 - J<