[Fedora-packaging] Kernel modules packaged for dkms

Nicolas Mailhot nicolas.mailhot at laposte.net
Mon Oct 9 15:23:59 UTC 2006

Le Lun 9 octobre 2006 15:31, Matthias Saou a écrit :

> Note that one can also use dkms to create rpm packages of the modules,
> I haven't tried that,

I think that for most people who tried it:
1. dkms vs in-core module: dkms loses
2. dkms vs other form of external modules (kmdl or fedora-style) : dkms wins.

I know which form I took as base when I had to package ivtv 0.8 last
week-end.

Also dkms will increase the pressure on not applying fedora-specific
patches over the upstream kernel. Don't know if it's a good or a bad thing
(I know davej's opinion)

Regards,

--
Nicolas Mailhot