[Fedora-packaging] libtool(.la) archive policy proposal

Rex Dieter rdieter at math.unl.edu
Mon Oct 2 19:42:45 UTC 2006

Ralf Corsepius wrote:
> On Mon, 2006-10-02 at 07:51 -0500, Rex Dieter wrote:
>> Ralf Corsepius wrote:
>>> It's a fault to remove *.la's.
>> Thanks so much for the constructive input.
>
> What do you expect as an answer to somebody who has been and is
> spreading FUD on libtool for a very long time, has a web page called
> "libtool sucks" ...

So, if I retitled the webpage
"libtool rocks! (except when dealing with .la files in rpm packaging)"
would that help?
(Hmm... sounds good, I think I'll do that anyway)

Regardless, there are *real* problems outlined and addressed in this
proposal and said webpage.  If I've made errors/omissions, please point
them out, but jumping on a soapbox and yelling "FUD!" isn't helping anyone.

-- Rex