[Fedora-packaging] Fedora Packaging Member forking Fedora/Causing problems with community and users

Christopher Stone chris.stone at gmail.com
Wed Oct 18 18:02:18 UTC 2006

On 10/18/06, Rex Dieter <rdieter at math.unl.edu> wrote:
> Christopher Stone wrote:
>
> > I suggest that we have a comittee (possibly the packaging comittee)
> > create a wiki page which reviews 3rd party repositories for such
> > things as:
>
> IMO, this is outside the scope of the packaging committee's
> mandate/rights/responsibility.
>
> I'd suggest you start a new SIG if you feel so strongly about this subject.

I would be perfectly happy with this, even If its a one man SIG
consisting of only me.  As long as there is a wiki page on the Fedora
wiki which has this information and users can be pointed to this page
to learn about the consequences of installing another repository I
would be happy.

However, I think it would be better to have a comittee review other
repositories instead of a single person who might be biased such as
myself.