[Fedora-packaging] Disabling debuginfo packages

Christopher Stone chris.stone at gmail.com
Fri Oct 20 21:02:18 UTC 2006

On 10/20/06, Michael Schwendt <bugs.michael at gmx.net> wrote:
> On Fri, 20 Oct 2006 12:04:13 -0700, Christopher Stone wrote:
>
> > > I'm talking about _enforcing_ an explanatory comment in the spec file.
> >
> > Having specific enforcements for comments is a bad idea in my opinion.
> >
> > If you see a package and think it needs a comment, you should just be
> > able to go in and add the comment to the spec file yourself, no
> > questions asked.
> >
> > As long as you use good judgement, I don't see any problem with
> > allowing people to do this.  If a reviewer is being over-zealous of
> > comment use such as "# use three spaces after Requries:" then this
> > person's judgement can be called into question here.
>
> How about we delete our ReviewGuidelines Wiki page and substitute
> the entire review process with a single guideline?
>
>  * Use good judgement.

I think this is a very bad idea.  There is a difference between benign
aspects of a spec file such as comments, and aspects that actually
affect the outcome of the RPM.

Ofcourse *adding* a line to the guidelines that says you should try to
use good judgement when something is in question I would encourage.