[Fedora-packaging] Re: python: mixing sitearch and sitelib (was: python noarch vs arch)

Jesse Keating jkeating at redhat.com
Sat Sep 2 15:52:27 UTC 2006

On Sat, 2006-09-02 at 17:47 +0200, Axel Thimm wrote:

> Just check your statement again. You outruled coexistence of python
> modules in both lib and lib64 and there are real-life counterexamples
> to that. What's more to not see???

Again I think we're talking past each other.  I'm saying that a single
python's module can't _both_ be in /usr/lib and /usr/lib64 at the SAME
TIME.  You can't have

/usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/yum  and
/usr/lib64/python2.4/site-packages/yum

especially with different contents in each.  Is what I'm saying clear
now?

--
Jesse Keating
Release Engineer: Fedora