[Fedora-packaging] Kernel Module Packaging

Parag N(पराग़) panemade at gmail.com
Thu Sep 14 12:44:51 UTC 2006

Hi,
    I am planning to submit kernel module packages which are not in
mainstream kernel yet. May i know what guidelines should i follow? Do
Fedora Packaging people confirmed on any kernel module packaging
guidelines? I saw already many packages waiting for review in FE and
yet no progress for them. why so?
   I don't understand why Fedora people don't want kernel module
package that do not satisfy
"A publishable explanation from the author(s) why the module is not
merged with the mainline kernel yet and when it's planed to get
merged. You of course can ask the author to explain it directly in the
bug report.   "
  How then ubuntu/debian distribution got them included in their OS? I
saw many peoples claiming on IRC channels that they got many kernel
module packages from their distro only and enjoying their usage then
why Fedora is having objection on those waiting FE review packages?

  BTW is kmdl approach accepted or not? If not then should we let new
kernel modules submissions according to kmod approach?

Regards,
Parag.