[Fedora-packaging] Re: Including a static library

Jesse Keating jkeating at redhat.com
Tue Sep 26 14:35:58 UTC 2006

On Tuesday 26 September 2006 00:54, Ralf Corsepius wrote:
> ... RH/FC doesn't actually do better. At least on my installations the
> major of static libs originate from FC. How about RH behaving as a
> positive example and to start abandoning static libs in FC?

Keep filing bugs.  The majority of RH packages came before the guidelines,
please try to continue to remember this.  There is a lot of crud in the RH
packages, but unless bugs are filed or effort is put into clean it up, it
won't get cleaned up.  Unfortunately a lot of RH packagers don't pay
attention to whats going on, especially if they're mostly doing RHEL updates
and just using Fedora as a inroad to RHEL.  So file bugs, point out the
guidelines and get the packagers attention.

--
Jesse Keating
Release Engineer: Fedora