[Fedora-packaging] Re: python: mixing sitearch and sitelib (was: python noarch vs arch)

Jesse Keating jkeating at redhat.com
Sat Sep 2 16:13:41 UTC 2006

On Sat, 2006-09-02 at 18:04 +0200, Axel Thimm wrote:

> I agree with the above, but that was not what you were saying. I won't
> bother copying your quote back again, you seem to have a reason why
> you're trimming it ;)

Please.  Tell me what is wrong with:

> Due to the way that python works, if any part of a python's module is
> arch specific (sitearch), the entire thing has to go into sitearch.
> Python will not import part from sitearch and part from sitelib.  So
> it'd all have to go in sitearch.

Maybe my English isn't clear enough to you?  "any part of a python's
module", so we're talking about a single module here right?  "is arch
specific", pretty clear.  "the entire thing", thing being the module.
"has to go into sitearch", correct, has to go into the arch specific
dir.  Be that /usr/lib in i386 or /usr/lib64 on x86_64.  Please, tell me
where I'm failing English here, as it is my native language and I'd
really like to know.

--
Jesse Keating
Release Engineer: Fedora