[Fedora-packaging] [Fwd: devel packages with only one .pc file]

Matthias Saou thias at spam.spam.spam.spam.spam.spam.spam.egg.and.spam.freshrpms.net
Mon Sep 4 14:21:08 UTC 2006

Rex Dieter wrote :

> Jesse Keating wrote:
> > Forwarding this here too.

Well, if the .pc file has its cflags or libs show that the package
requires other libraries (some X libs, or gtk stuff, or...), then it
does make sense to split the -devel package out, since it will not just
contain one file, but also other -devel package requirements that we
definitely don't want to be forcing on all simple users of the runtime
bits.

Matthias

Fedora Core release 5.91 (FC6 Test2) - Linux kernel 2.6.17-1.2611.fc6
Load : 0.49 0.40 0.43