[Fedora-packaging] New meeting time

Ralf Corsepius rc040203 at freenet.de
Tue Sep 5 08:18:45 UTC 2006

On Mon, 2006-09-04 at 20:13 -0700, Toshio Kuratomi wrote:
> On Mon, 2006-09-04 at 11:28 +0200, Ralf Corsepius wrote:
> > On Thu, 2006-08-31 at 19:01 +0200, Axel Thimm wrote:
> > > Hi,
> > >
> > > all 7 participants of today's IRC session would agree to Tue, 17:00
> > > UTC + DST fixes.
> > >
> > > http://www.fedoraproject.org/wiki/Packaging/NewMeetingTime
> > >
> > > It's two days before fesco which will make some easier information
> > > passing and evaluation.
> > >
> > > The remaining three are Ralf, Jose and David. Is it OK with you?
> > Well, sorry, unfortunately, to me, this is a regression.
> >
> > As I wrote before, this time slot is 19:00-20:00 local time (CEST) and
> > overlaps with dinner-time. I.e. for it is very likely for me not being
> > able to attend/having to quit early/being late on meetings.
>
> Ralf, could you put your name to some times that are good for you?
The day doesn't matter much to me, but almost any time-slot out of the
22:00-04:00 UTC (night-time, but I am used to getting up early :)) and
the 17:00-19:00 UTC (dinner-time [1]) time slots would be equally fine
with me.

The old time-slot had not been optimal (European office hours
preferred), but it had been an acceptable and reasonable compromise to
me which would have worked almost always for me. The new is worse, but
not "totally undoable". I am willing to swallow it, but ... I am sure,
it won't work for me in many cases.

> There are several other times that could work for me and I'm sure
> everyone else could find a few other times as well.  But without having
> a list of some possible times, we won't know if there's any one time
> that'll work for everyone or not.

Let's hope for that.

Ralf

[1] Most other Europeans around here don't have a family, I presume? ;)