[Fedora-packaging] Statistics on usage of disttags in Fedora Core and Extras

Thorsten Leemhuis fedora at leemhuis.info
Fri Apr 6 18:14:52 UTC 2007

Orion Poplawski schrieb:
> Thorsten Leemhuis wrote:
>> I also plan to remove disttags from those of my packages that update
>> seldom, as I think it's just utterly confusing if there are packages in
>> FC7 that still have a disttag ".fc6" in it.
> I would recommend at least one rebuild of a package just before release
> though for everything but pure data packages.  I've been surprised by
> what has changed and caused failures.

Just before release sounds bad, as that could create new bugs. So before
test2 normally (test3 for FC7 as we have a test4) would be be better
IMHO. But even better would be to build the package to a your home
machine or into a scratch repo where it gets deleted after building
(Iand not pushed) -- that way people that live in areas where internet
bandwidth is costly are not forced to download a new package on update
when nothing changed.

CU
thl