[Fedora-packaging] Hardlinking *.pyc and *.pyo

Jason L Tibbitts III tibbs at math.uh.edu
Tue Apr 3 17:49:07 UTC 2007

VS> I suppose something like the above could be easily added to
VS> redhat-rpm-config or rpm, eg. embedded in brp-python-bytecompile
VS> or run after it in %__os_install_post.

I expect that Python is where most of the savings come from, but it
might be worth running something like this to catch duplicated files
in any package.  The only issue is that we have to be careful to only
look within single directories, because we cannot predict where
filesystem boundaries will be.

 - J<