[Fedora-packaging] Re: Using of date in snapshot versions

Axel Thimm Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net
Thu Apr 19 20:48:49 UTC 2007

On Thu, Apr 19, 2007 at 09:35:20PM +0200, Till Maas wrote:
> On Do April 19 2007, Axel Thimm wrote:
>
> > If it's serious: I suspect everyone can identify that something
> > matching 2006XXXX or 2007XXXX implies a date, and if not a capital D
> > won't help either.
>
> I would prefer to use YYYY-MM-DD which is easier to read and an ISO conform
> afaik. Would this cause any problems with rpm?

You can't have any dashes in either epoch/version/release, so you
wouldn't be able to have ISO dates in the rpm filename.

But since you're going to not match 1005 the tarball's name with the
EVR of the package, you could do with the tarball's naming what you
want (within reason).

You could even add a capital "D" or a greek eta in front of it. :)
--
Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net