[Fedora-packaging] satic libs package naming

Patrice Dumas pertusus at free.fr
Fri Apr 20 08:14:02 UTC 2007

Hello,

In the guidelines it is said that static libs subpackages should be
called *-static. This triggers lots of rpmlint warnings so I currently
use (and propose in reviews) *-static-devel. Should I revert to *-static?
If *-static-devel is acceptable, maybe it could be said so in the
guidelines.

Also, unless I am wrong on that point, maybe in the guidelines there could
be a note that when there is only static libraries there is no need of
static subpackage and the static libs may be in -devel.

--
Pat