[Fedora-packaging] review guidelines vs packaging guidelines

Nicolas Mailhot nicolas.mailhot at laposte.net
Thu Aug 23 11:14:45 UTC 2007

Le Jeu 23 août 2007 12:58, Patrice Dumas a écrit :

> Ok, I didn't understood it that way. But it isn't true, the guidelines
> are setup such that having no ownership of a directory is impossible.

I'm not so sure. The lax guidelines are more ambiguous, at no time do
they clearly say "every directory must be owned" (with single or
multiple owners). They say "the rule of thumb is everything must be
owned but there are exceptions". And then proceed with some examples
where every directory is accounted for without explicitely stating
this is a hard rule. I don't think the OP would have been so happy
with the lax version if he had understood them to enforce this rule.

IMHO since the documented "exceptions" are clearly targetted at perl
modules, it would be better to create a perl-filesystem package and
forget about all the complex A/B convolutions in the guidelines. But
that's for the perl SIG to discuss.

--
Nicolas Mailhot