[Fedora-packaging] Wiki is inconsistent on Mono file locations

Mary Ellen Foster mefoster at gmail.com
Mon Aug 27 15:21:49 UTC 2007

Disclaimer: I'm not a Mono programmer; I'm just trying to package
something that includes some Mono pieces.

I was looking at the Wiki about packaging for Mono
(http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Packaging/Mono), and it seems to
contradict itself. Under "File locations", it says
    Mono packages should install assemblies to %{_libdir}
    rather than /usr/lib or %{_datadir}

Then, right below, it gives sample gacutil lines that install into
%{_prefix}/lib, with a note that it might later change to %{_libdir}
and a link to a bug with a lot of discussion, but no clear indication
of whether the proposal was accepted or not.

So, should my stuff go into %{_libdir} or %{_prefix}/lib?

Thanks very much!

MEF

--
Mary Ellen Foster